S.T.E.A.M School is a 2-week long purpose-based hands-on learning program focused on bringing together young leaders from various disciplines under one roof to build solutions and prototypes aligned to the Sustainable Development Goals.
It is an opportunity for anyone to:
- Dive deeper into the Sustainable Development Goals
- Understand and upgrade your skills with Digital Fabrication, Arduino, Electronics, Augmented and Virtual Reality
- Use frugal innovation to come up with novel, cost-effective solutions
- Gain experience in product innovation/development life-cycle
Goals under focus
As a S.T.E.A.M School participant, you’ll be opened up to goals and targets to be met by 2030 by our SDG panel. Through workshops and sessions in Design Thinking you’ll learn how to frame problem statements and propose solutions in those areas.
S.T.E.A.M School methodology focusses on bringing an interdisciplinary group together who collectively empathise with problems of the local community and then use design thinking as a tool to propose plausible solutions.
These solutions with the support of digital fabrication tools and perspective of frugal innovation/jugaad become into tangible products/services by the end of the program
This year at S.T.E.A.M School we are introducing two new aspects:
- Educators track: A learning platform for teachers/educators to understand the S.T.E.A.M School peadagogy and develop curriculum based on SDG’s
- Fin-tech: A tool to help scale SDG based solutions
From pouring insights to sharing experiences, mentors play a key role at various stages of solution making process. The mentors for S.T.E.A.M School 2019 will be updated shortly. Here is a look at all the mentors from 2018
The program fee for the learning modules are as follows:
- S.T.E.A.M School: INR 40,000
- S.T.E.A.M School + Educator track: INR 1,20,000
The Educator track entails an additional 3-days of learning in S.T.E.A.M School methodology and how can one develop a hands-on curriculum focused on the SDG’s. Ideal for teachers/educators
Duration of the Learning Program:
- S.T.E.A.M School: 4 - 15th December 2019
- S.T.E.A.M School + Educator Program: 4 - 18th December 2019
Timings: 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
Program fee is exclusive of 18% GST
S.T.E.A.M School is an annual program which takes place at Maker’s Asylum in Mumbai every year in December
What to expect?
How to apply
Participation in S.T.E.A.M School is application-based. Fill the application form and help us understand you better. The steering committee shortlists participants based on their experience and motivation to join the program. Participation to S.T.E.A.M School is open for all and is an ideal testing ground for your ideas and skills.
- Fill and submit the application form
- Await confirmation of status via email/phone
- Confirm participation by payment of program fee
You can now avail a scholarship for S.T.E.A.M School under our scholarship program. The categories are:
upto 90% Scholarship:
Partner with us
Support our open source community. We are looking for Organisations to partner with us as:
Help us reach right communities/learners
Sponsor participants, Conduct workshops
Sponsor materials, equipments
Food and Beverage Partners
Energy drinks or food for participants and Demo day
Support the projects