We are hiring!
We are always on the look out for creative, problem solvers to join our small and effective team both in Mumbai & Delhi. We don’t necessarily identify with a workplace but a space where you get a bit of frustration, madness, noise, euphoria, adventure, laughter, memories, new bonds and connections and a lot of growth, both personal and professional.
We vibe well with folks who know how to have fun while getting all the tasks at hand checked out from the to-do list.
We are new in the way we function and so are the challenges. So if you are up for a dynamic workplace like our’s we have some challenges for you! Are you up for it?
Maker in Residence
We are looking for energetic, passionate and zen like Maker’s to join our small and effective team at the Asylum’s space in Mumbai. The role is simple but comes with a truck load of responsibilities and will keep you on the tip of your toes, quite literally, well maybe sometimes you’ll get to breathe, we are not promising. Jokes aside, we are looking for someone who can organise and execute tasks like it’s nobody’s business!
A Maker in Residence is someone who:
- Facilitates in conducting workshops at the Asylum
- Delivers content / teaches participants about a particular workshop while juggling knives set on fire, we mean to say questions thrown by participants in a workshop
- Crowd puh-lease-err, keeps the tempo/truck/auto-rickshaw in a workshop high. No dull moments. Experience is the keyword. We want it to be like Disneyland/Chocolate factory.
- Knows how to operate:
- Power tools or
- 3D Printer or
- Laser cutter or
- All of the above
Like a boss! Like mind blowing sweep-me-off of the floor types. You got the point, right?
- Manages and keeps stock of all herds/sheep’s/inventory in their respective labs
- Thinks that tools can sing beautifully when trained right, we mean that they are maintained, greased, test run-ned from time-to-time
- Is a quick learner and can execute on their feet like a Formula 1 pit crew member.
What the Maker in Residence stands to gain:
- Be a part of the Maker movement
- Design / strategise products/programs
- If you want to build something, we will support you with funding of upto 1 Lac INR
- Mentorship and access to makers as well as organisations
- Kickass work culture and free hogging rights at our monthly barbeque evenings
- Freedom from a 9 - 5 monotonous job
- Opportunity to grow / build something meaningful
Interested candidates must share:
- Cover letter*
- Idea of a product that they would like to build*
- Portfolio link
- Resume (qualifications, past experience, expected CTC)*
- LinkedIn profile link (optional)
*Accepted format: PDF