M19 MAPR (PAPR)
Personal protective equipment (PPE) refers to protective clothing, helmets, gloves, face shields, goggles, face-masks and/or respirators or other equipment designed to protect the wearer from injury or the spread of infection or illness. These have become even more essential and important for the healthcare workers fighting COVID19 on the frontline. Reported cases in India as on June 2020 are pegged at over 200,000 and the demand for PPE is only increasing.
Typical facial protection consists of three separate units (Goggles, N95 Mask and Hoods), all of which are single use and rely heavily on a supply chain which is globally stressed and choked at the moment. Most have inadequate breathability for users which hampers work performance and also increases risk for most frontline workers.
Solution : M-19 MAPR
Maker’s Asylum has developed a low cost powered-air purifying respirator (PAPR) for use in reducing exposure to airborne particles. This PAPR is designed to provide constant filtered airflow to healthcare workers in high risk environment during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- PAPR with Certified P100 Filter
- Reusable & sustainable system
- Rechargeable battery with upto 6 hours of runtime per use
- Blower unit contains the motor, battery, and filter
- Low cost and lightweight device for comfortable use for long hours
Next steps and Support Needed
Your support at this stage could really help amplify the need of innovation labs and the maker culture in India as we progress towards making in India with more gusto after the pandemic.
- Funds to scale and manufacture
- Right certification and regulatory authority approvals